ASA Aquatic Helper Workshop Information
Welcome to the ASA Aquatic Helper Workshop!
This workshop has been designed for young people between 13 and 16 years of age, who wish to actively assist on poolside in any aquatic environment, e.g. clubs or learn to swim schemes.
The workshop consists of three hours of theory and three hours practical work.
From attending this workshop you should be able to:
- Demonstrate that you are able to assist and demonstrate how to appropriately use equipment required.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the importance of Health & Safety in the aquatic environment.
- Demonstrate that you are able to share your knowledge, demonstrate good behaviour and establish expectations of the group.
How to register
There are two ways in which you can register to attend an Aquatic Helper workshop:
- Attend a course which is being run by your club/organisation – When booking onto a course which is being organised and run by your club, you will be provided with a voucher code which you can use when prompted to complete your online booking. You will need to have an IOS account.
- Attend an open course which is advertised via the IOS online - Click here to view a full list of training – select the Aquatic Helper workshop and a list of scheduled workshops will be displayed. In order to book onto one of these workshops, you must have an IOS account.
For more information on how to create an IOS account, please click here.
How to organise an Aquatic Helper Workshop
If you would like to organise an Aquatic Helper Workshop:
- You will need to hold a UKCC Level 2 qualification in the appropriate discipline
- Have experience of delivering to groups of young people
- Have a valid DBS and be able to provide details of this
- Must have completed the Aquatic Helper online presenter guide (available free of charge via the IOS website)
The course organiser will also be responsible for collating and returning to the IoS pre-workshop paperwork required by the IoS in advance of the workshop being held. This includes emergency contact information and duty of care forms.
You don’t have to be an ASA Approved Centre to run this award. Click here to download the organiser guidelines which will provide an overview of the steps you need to take.
The workshop is free of charge. Delegates must be an ASA member, or a member of the IOS.
All candidates will receive a workshop certificate upon completion.
If you have any enquiries regarding the Aquatic Helper or if you do not have a presenter to deliver please contact email@example.com and we will endeavour to assist you.