swim21 Club Benefits and Outcomes
swim21 is a valued club development tool, recognised as a quality mark across the industry, and of benefit to every club that holds it.
The swim21 programme enhances club management, strengthens the structures and unites the club with a philosophy, and programmes, that ensure the best environment is available for all swimmers.
For benefits of swim21 club Network CLICK HEREswim21 also offers national recognition that clubs are providing a quality service for all members, which is recognised by Sport England. All clubs gaining ASA accreditation will automatically receive Clubmark status. Clubmark is widely recognised by potential funders, schools and other partners that can assist with club growth and development.
Below are just some of the key benefits/outcomes of becoming swim21 accredited:
- Access to a development tool for club improvement, including the production of a Club Development Plan. swim21 is the beginning of a journey to facilitate overall club development and raise standards.
- Identification of workforce training needs to improve club operation.
- Develop an effective club management structure with clearly identified roles/responsibilities.
- Self examination of the club is crucial, plus enhanced support and expertise from ASA Club Development Officers/Regional Club Coordinators.
- Access to a range of ASA templates and policies, following best practice and improving all areas of the club.
- Develop clear goals and ambitions that can be communicated to all club members/wider community.
General Club Benefits
- Greater number of appropriately qualified volunteers, who are safe to work with children and young people, with defined role descriptions.
- Enhanced quality of coaching/teaching delivery and general improvements to workforce quality.
- Prioritised support from ASA staff.
- Pool time is sometimes prioritised towards swim21 clubs (local operator decision).
- Opportunities to share best practice with other swim21 clubs and network with the swim21 community.
- swim21 accreditation can be promoted within the local community by offering a safe environment to children and therefore security for parents. It is a tangible statement to all stakeholders (Local Authorities, Schools, Parents, Swimmers etc) that you take quality and safety seriously.
- £100 worth of IoS vouchers towards course/CPD costs per annum (12 month duration to use voucher) Click here to visit the IoS courses website.
- 5% discount on ASA Awards and discounts at ASA Club Conferences and events.
- County Association Grants/Bursaries – please note that each Region/County is semi-autonomous to the ASA and therefore have their own incentives for swim21 achievement (check your regional website for details).
- Some pool providers offer a discount to swim21 clubs – National Club Survey findings indicate that the average pool hire rates of £18.60 per lane versus average of £15.48 (17% less) for swim21 accredited clubs. This provides a saving of some £3000 per annum.
- Accreditation can help with eligibility towards sports specific funding pots (e.g. County Sports Partnerships/Sport England- Small Grants Fund).
- Grant application support and prioritisation.