Constituting your club as a Community Amateur Sports Club (CASC)

Some clubs may be interested in registering as a Community Amateur Sports Club (CASC). For non-property owning clubs, the key benefit of CASC registration is the ability to claim Gift Aid.

Swim England has prepared a Community Amateur Sports Club tailored version of the Model Constitution. It creates an unincorporated association, suitable for CASC registration with HMRC.

CASC registration documents

  • Download Swim England’s CASC Model Constitution
  • Download guidance notes to the CASC Model Constitution

For clubs registered as a CASC, Swim England has also put together information concerning Gift Aid and Just Giving. You can access this below.

Gift Aid documents

  • Download Swim England’s Community Amateur Sports Clubs Gift Aid document

The HMRC website

The most important resource in the area of registering as a CASC is the website of Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC).

It contains detailed, up to date information, with links to the necessary registration forms and contact details for their Helpline. You can access the Community Amateur Sports Clubs section of the HMRC website here.