Swim England freeze prices of Learn to Swim awards and resources19 March 2021
Swim England is freezing the price of its Learn to Swim awards and resources.
Standard awards, which include a certificate and cloth or pin badge, will remain at £2.06 plus VAT, while certificate only awards, such as the Adult Swimming Framework Awards, stay at £1.12 plus VAT.
It is the first time since 2015 that the annual price review by the recognised national governing body has held its prices at the same level as the previous year.
A range of Learn to Swim Awards bundles – which offer a 20 per cent saving – have also been retained to give all customers a discount when rewarding those learning to swim.
Bulk-buying discounts for customers who purchase large volumes of Swim England awards will also be frozen and based on 2019 purchasing rather than 2020.
Katie Towner, Swim England’s head of learn to swim, said: “We realise the coronavirus pandemic has had an unprecedented impact on pools and swim schools.
“As a registered charity, we reinvest our awards income to ensure that all children and adults have the access and opportunities to learn how to swim, participate in our sports and have fun while enjoying the water safely.
Looking forward to a better year
“Our dedicated learn to swim team have been on hand to answer thousands of queries during the past 12 months, as well as providing the guidance which allowed the industry to reopen in a Covid-secure environment.
“We’ve also provided free digital marketing toolkits which includes downloadable posters, welcome back certificates and award slips, which will continue into 2021 due to their popularity.
“Almost 6,000 teachers also attended our webinars and coffee chats during 2020.
“We’d like to thank all our swim schools, teachers and clubs who have been incredibly patient during this difficult time and we look forward to 2021 being a much better year for the industry.”
Every penny spent on Swim England Learn to Swim Awards is reinvested into:
- Ensuring the Swim England Learn to Swim Programme syllabus remains world-leading
- Lobbying to get pools reopened
- Providing the swimming industry with high quality-research and insight
- Developing new learn to swim resources, such as regular free webinars delivered by our Learn to Swim Team, Health Team and external experts/organisations
- Providing support with a dedicated team to answer questions
- Championing swimming and participation in all our sports – and the importance of learning to swim with campaigns such as #LoveSwimming
- Investing in innovative teaching, coaching and professional development courses
- Supporting clubs and the next generation of athletes.