Grants of up to £2,500 available through The Swimathon Foundation7 February 2020
Applications are now open for the Swimathon Foundation Community Grants Scheme, which offers funding of up to £2,500 to promote swimming in local communities.
The grants are awarded to groups and individuals, as well as organisations supported by pools participating in Swimathon, which takes place from 27-29 March 2020.
The annual fundraising swim raised almost £2 million for Cancer Research UK and Marie Curie, with swimmers taking on individual or team challenges.
Phillimore Primary School in Sheffield is among those to have benefited from the community grants in the past, using the money to introduce a family swim club after school.
Grants are administered annually by Swim England and vary from £500 to £2,500.
Jon Keating, Swim England Club Development Director, said: “The Swimathon Foundation Community Grants provide a great opportunity to get projects off the ground.
“Clubs can use the funding to purchase new equipment, hire additional pool space or provide free lessons to help boost their membership.
“We have seen many Swim England members, like Teignmouth Swimming Club, benefit from the scheme in the past and I look forward to seeing other clubs improve their provisions thanks to these grants.”
Applicants must demonstrate how the funding will allow them to:
- Introduce to swimming people who would otherwise not swim
- Increase the frequency with which existing swimmers go to the pool
- Improve the swimming experience for new or existing swimmers
Successful applicants must complete their project no later than 12 months following receipt of the first funding payment.
Applying for The Swimathon Foundation Community Grants
- If you haven’t yet signed up for Swimathon 2020, enter here
- View the grant scheme criteria
- Complete this application form
- Submit your application by Friday 13 March 2020
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries