Time to Listen -Key training course available online.1 August 2020
Welfare officers at Swim England’s affiliated clubs can access this key training course online.
Attendance at the Child Protection in Sport Unit’s Time to Listen training is offered by the region by zoom as opposed to face to face workshops.
Club welfare officers, who have attended a recognised Safeguarding and Protecting Children Workshop within the previous three years, can register their interest in attending a course in the Swim England region they live.
Claire Coleman, Swim England Head Development, said the course had received excellent feedback and would help make our sports even safer.
“This is another key development in our delivery of training online to support our clubs and volunteers and will also help them meet the requirement of Stronger Affiliation and SwimMark.”
Supports our drive towards safe sport
Each region will host its own Time to Listen delivery programme with all courses being centrally registered with the Swim England Volunteering team.
Delivered by experienced Safeguarding Tutors, the course is aquatics specific and delivered through Zoom.
It includes significant reference to Wave power 2020–2023 and ensures welfare officers have a good grounding in the key responsibilities of the role.
Claire added: “Online delivery has made this essential course more accessible and supports our drive towards safe sport.
The Swim England regions will deliver the Time to Training courses and club welfare officers should contact their respective region to find out more.
Regional links and contacts
- East: Click here to register your interest.
- East Midlands: Click here to register your interest.
- London: Contact James Warrener on email@example.com to register your interest.
- North East: Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
- North West: Email email@example.com to register your interest.
- South East: Online booking can be found by clicking here.
- South West: Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
- West Midlands: Click here to register your interest.