Swimming Pool – Energy Efficiencies
The ASA Facilities Team can advise on all forms of energy efficiencies for swimming pools
Swimming pools are major energy users and it is absolutely vital to ensure new pools are designed to be as energy efficient as possible and that old pools continue to challenge their operations with a view to reducing their annual energy bills.
The ASA Facilities Team provides guidance and information on the various technologies for reducing energy consumption and reducing the carbon footprint of the swimming pool facility from basic insulation maximisation, voltage optimisation, combined heat and power, ground and air source heat pumps, biomass and condense boilers, solar technology, rain water harvesting and grey water recycling. A range of guidance and advice documents can be viewed below.
- A guide to combined heat and power (CHP)
- A guide to wind power generation
- A guide to solar power
- A guide to heat pump technology
- Groundsource Factsheet
- A guide to biomass heating
- Rainwater recycling and harvesting
- Basic energy saving solutions for existing pools
- Use of energy in swimming pools
- Energy efficiency in swimming pools
- Energy efficient swimming pools
- Research in to Energy Efficiency in Swimming Pools