Make the Swim England Toolkit your go-to guide5 March 2019 Teaching Swimming
The Swim England Toolkit (second edition) is a must-have guide for swimming teachers and swimming lesson providers delivering the Swim England Learn to Swim Programme. The Toolkit is intended to be a personal guide to help you design and structure your own Learn to Swim programmes and lesson content.
It will see you through each of the four Frameworks – Pre-School, Learn to Swim, Aquatic Skills and Adult Swimming – and includes guidance on the Swim England School Swimming and Water Safety Charter, which aligns with requirements for curriculum swimming.
Using the Toolkit will give you a clear structure into the onward journeys learners can take once they have reached Learn to Swim Stage 10 or completed the Be a Master Swimmer Stage of the Adult Swimming Framework.
Order yours today from the Swim England webshop.
Why do I need a Toolkit?
By investing in the Swim England Toolkit (second edition), you’ll own a complete guide to the Swim England Learn to Swim Programme and all the associated Awards.
Within the Toolkit you’ll find six sections:
- Introduction to the Swim England Learn to Swim Programme
- The Swim England Pre-School Framework
- The Swim England Learn to Swim Framework
- The Swim England Aquatic Skills Framework
- The Swim England Adult Swimming Framework
- The Swim England Club Awards
This second edition, released in 2021, includes the following new features:
- Refreshed content aligning with the latest governance and best practice guidance for health and safety and safeguarding at the pool, the Swim England Awards, and the Swim England Expected Standards.
- Updated information on training courses, supporting resources, memberships and key contacts available to you as a Learn to Swim Programme teacher/provider.
- A new extended section dedicated to our School Swimming and Water Safety Charter and Awards, and curriculum swimming.
- A new extended section on water safety and the Swim England Water Safety Awards, released in 2020.
Katie Towner, Head of Learn to Swim, said: “As a swimming teacher and tutor myself, I can appreciate the value of detail within this Toolkit – and having it handily available in really clear sections means I can easily plan and deliver my lessons, knowing I have the most up-to-date knowledge to reference whenever I like.
“It can be difficult to remember all the available Awards and rewards that are available to support learners – from children to adults.
“The Toolkit gives me everything I need to make sure I’m giving them the right encouragement and support to keep them swimming, having fun in the water – and progressing into the many different aquatic pathways available.
“We hope you’ll find it an invaluable resource that can support you in delivering top quality swimming lessons for learners, giving them a life-long love of the water.”
What does it cost?
While no significant changes are currently planned, should there be any major content amendments, individual sections are replaceable to ensure you can keep your Toolkit up-to-date.
The replacement sections will be charged at £5 plus P&P – and will only be made available on the online shop if required.
If you do still have an old ASA Teacher’s Toolkit (which was last released in 2015), it is advised that this is now disposed of as the information is out of date and no longer aligns with the Swim England Learn to Swim Programme and Awards.