Training course will allow club volunteers to take on Team Manager role15 April 2020
An online course has been created for Swim England members keen to volunteer as a Team Manager for their aquatic club.
The Team Manager 1 Course is aimed at those who are starting out on their volunteering journey and focuses on single day competitions or camps where there is no overnight stay.
Each Region Offering Courses
Following successful live delivery via Zoom during COVID and the positive feedback with regard to convenience for candidates, it was decided to continue to host the courses via this medium with each region managing sessions and wait lists for their clubs.
The course covers all aquatic disciplines.
Participants will be guided through the course content, be able to ask questions, have group discussions in breakout rooms and get involved with the group text discussions.
The course covers:
- Essential elements of team management from pre to post event duties
- Relaying information in a concise manner and make quick decisions based upon the best interests of individuals and teams
- How Swim England’s safeguarding policy and procedures work in a team management context
- Managing athletes during competitions including promoting positive behaviour at the venue
- How to support coaches, athletes and parents
- And how to identify hazards and risk factors that have the potential to cause harm to athletes – and the risk assessment requirements associated with the role.
Claire Coleman, Swim England Head of Development, said: “The Team Manager 1 Course is ideal for anyone supporting clubs who might be responsible for managing athletes at competitions in any aquatic discipline.
There is no pre-attendance requirement other than enthusiasm and commitment to providing a safe environment for all.
Please contact your Region to be added to the wait list or to make enquiries about when the next course is. Contacts can be found on the following link Volunteering Contacts
Anyone requiring further information should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org