Free training course will allow club volunteers to take on team manager role15 April 2020
A free online course has been created for Swim England members keen to volunteer as a team manager for their aquatic club.
The Team Manager 1 Course is aimed at those who are starting out on their volunteering journey and focuses on single day competitions or camps where there is no overnight stay.
Courses fully booked
There has been an unprecedented number of responses and all courses are now full. A decision will be made regarding additional dates and this information will be released in due course.
It covers all aquatic disciplines and will be delivered via a two-hour webinar hosted on Zoom on three dates in April.
Participants will be guided through the course content, be able to ask questions and get involved with the group text discussions.
The course covers:
- Essential elements of team management from pre to post event duties
- Relaying information in a concise manner and make quick decisions based upon the best interests of individuals and teams
- How Swim England’s safeguarding policy and procedures work in a team management context
- Managing athletes during competitions including promoting positive behaviour at the venue
- How to support coaches, athletes and parents
- And how to identify hazards and risk factors that have the potential to cause harm to athletes – and the risk assessment requirements associated with the role.
Claire Coleman, Swim England Head of Volunteering and Pathways, said: “The Team Manager 1 Course is ideal for anyone supporting clubs who might be responsible for managing athletes at competitions in any aquatic discipline.
“There is no pre-attendance requirement other than enthusiasm and commitment to providing a safe environment for all.
“With the current restrictions in place, it’s an ideal opportunity to complete this bespoke course so you’re ready to start your team manager role when everyone is allowed back in the water and events are taking place again.”
A maximum of 16 places were available to Swim England members on each course.
- Wednesday 22 April, from 6pm to 8pm
- Wednesday 29 April, from 6pm to 8pm
- Thursday 30 April, from 12pm to 2pm
Anyone requiring further information should please contact email@example.com