ASA seeks volunteers to become Youth Activators
20 March 2014
The ASA is looking for 30 proactive young leaders to become ‘Youth Activators’ in local aquatic communities.
Becoming an Activator will provide you with an opportunity to develop your leadership and communication skills, whilst supporting the ASA to ensure young people know what volunteering opportunities are available to them. You will also support the Volunteer Engagement Team and the ASA National Youth Forum to communicate our national programmes and initiatives at a local level.
The ASA is seeking Activators who are:
- Passionate about all things volunteering and everything aquatic
- Aged between 14 and 19 years old
- Currently volunteering in a club in any aquatic discipline
- Confident and able to communicate with other young people
- Proactive and enthusiastic
- Positive role models for other young people
Becoming a Youth Activator is all about promoting everything which is great about volunteering. All Activators will be provided with mentor support from the National Youth Forum for at least six months, but you can remain part of the Activator community for as long as you like.
The ASA will support you by providing:
- Mentor support from the National Youth Forum
- Opportunities for personal development
- The necessary knowledge of young volunteer initiatives, programmes and projects
- The opportunity to network with young people from across the country, share good practice and learn from one another
- Online training to develop your leadership skills
- Additional national opportunities
- Official kit to help you promote your role
How much of my time will I need to give up?
As an Activator, you can dedicate as much or as little time as you like on a weekly basis, fitting your role around your existing commitments. You should keep in contact with your mentor via email or phone at least once a month. Throughout the programme online training will be available for you to develop your leadership skills. All Activator activities will take place in your local aquatic community.
Sounds great, how do I sign up?
Please complete the downloadable expression of interest form and return it to email@example.com or post to ASA Volunteering, SportPark, 3 Oakwood Drive, Loughborough, LE11 3QF. For all general enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is 26 March. All applicants will be notified as to whether or not they have been successful.