Help children Get Safe
It is important to know how to stay safe while having fun in and around water.
Get Safe is a campaign providing young people with the basic knowledge of how to help in an emergency.
It's about keeping them out of danger near water while still being able to enjoy themselves.
The Get Safe campaign is aimed at children (and their parents) and tries to make children aware of the dangers posed by water.
The objectives of the campaign are to:
- Promote and raise awareness of the importance of learning to swim and water confidence
- Increase knowledge and practice of water safety skills
- Raise awareness that organised, supervised water based activity can be fun and safe
- Promote swimming as part of a healthy lifestyle and family activity
- Provide a fun and memorable experience
- Raise awareness of water safety for all of the school children taking part and, by association, their parents
- Raise awareness of water safety in all of the participating schools
- Provide a focus on water safety for children at the leisure centres and pools who are hosting the events
Selected events are being held around the country, where youngsters are taught everything from how they can spot the dangers themselves to how to act in an emergency.
HOLD YOUR OWN EVENT
The ASA invites leisure centres and schools to hold their own Get Safe event. The first 300 to sign up using the form below will receive a Get Safe resource pack which will be posted out to the address given on the form.
The pack includes a Pool Event Guide with details about what, when and who should be involved, posters to promote the events and certificates to reward the young people attending the day.
To receive these resources, please fill in the all parts to the form below. Please note that by submitting the form you are signing up to our acceptance agreement.