Help children Get Safe this summer
It is important to know how to stay safe while having fun in and around water.
Get Safe is a campaign providing young people with the basic knowledge of how to help in an emergency.
It's about keeping them out of danger near water while still being able to enjoy themselves.
The Get Safe campaign is aimed at children (and their parents) and tries to make children aware of the dangers posed by water.
The objectives of the campaign are to:
- Promote and raise awareness of the importance of learning to swim and water confidence
- Increase knowledge and practice of water safety and self rescue skills
- Raise awareness that organised, supervised water based activity can be fun and safe
- Promote swimming as part of a healthy lifestyle and family activity
- Provide a fun and memorable experience
- Raise awareness of water safety for all of the school children taking part and, by association, their parents
- Raise awareness of water safety in all of the participating schools
- Provide a focus on water safety for children at the leisure centres and pools who are hosting the events.
Get Safe is a campaign providing young people with the basic knowledge of how to help in an emergency.Pool operators, swim school and clubs are being invited to run their own Get Safe event, linking in with local primary schools. All organisations can download a free Get Safe resource pack, including a Pool Event Guide with details about what, when and who should be involved, posters to help promote the event and certificates to reward the young people attending on the day.
Parents can learn more about how to keep their children safe with our water safety tips or children can visit our water safety pages for under 16s. If you are interested in your child attending a Get Safe event then please check with your local pool to see if they are running an event in 2015.
Download your free Get Safe resources here:
If you have any queries please contact email@example.com.