Wavepower 2016-19: Child safeguarding policy and procedures for clubs20 March 2017
To help clubs with child welfare we produce our Wavepower publication. This is our child safeguarding policies and procedures publication.
Wavepower must be adopted by all Swim England affiliated clubs and organisations. The latest version and can be download below.
Ensuring child safety should be a key part of how our clubs operate. It helps to provide a safe, happy and fun environment where children can learn to swim and develop their skills.
The responsibility to safeguard children does not belong to any one person. Instead it belongs to everyone who plays a part in delivering our sporting activities.
Wavepower is intended for anyone involved in these activities and offers practical guidance and information on mandatory requirements and good practice.
This publication will be fully updated in 2020, but if any new guidance or policy changes are released prior to this, then pages will be updated or added to this section of the website.
Wavepower 2016-19 Download
Wavepower is a large document. We have split it into sections for easier access. Files are in PDF format.
- Index Full index with page numbers
- Contents Information and contents
- Section 1 Introduction to Wavepower (Pages 8-17)
- Section 2 Toolbox (Pages 18-89)
- Section 3 Child safeguarding responsibilities (Pages 90-93)
- Section 4 Guidance for coaches, teachers and poolside helpers (Pages 94-105)
- Section 5 Templates, forms and checklist (Pages 106-123)
We hope you find this publication useful and welcome any feedback you may have. Send us an email at email@example.com.
Further guidance on welfare
As well as Wavepower there are other welfare publications and resources clubs may find useful.
NSPCC and CPSU Guidance
- For advice on use of photographing children in sport, head to the CPSU Photography Guidance section here.
- For guidance on ensuring your sporting event is safe, download the CPSU’s Safe Sport Events, Activities, and Competitions document (PDF) here.
There are also a range of documents in the Swim England library. You can access these below. Simply click or tap to download.