North West Funding Opportunities
Details of funding opportunities available in the North West
Wells Sports Foundation Sports Grants Scheme
- Who can access it? See the checklist by looking at the website for the scheme here
- Which qualifications does it cover? Not specific qualifications but the grants are available for projects that support the development of sports clubs.
- How much is it for? Grants of between £500 and £2,000 are available.
- How do I apply? Download the application pack from the website here
Regional Grant Aid
- Who can access it? Teachers or coaches from swim21 clubs or clubs actively working towards swim21 in Cumbria, Lancashire, Merseyside, Greater Manchester, Cheshire.
- Which qualifications does it cover? Levels 1, 2 and 3 in Coaching, Level 2 in Teaching Aquatics.
- How much is it for? Clubs can apply for a maximum of £2,000, the actual amount awarded will be judged by a panel.
- How do I apply? Clubs are asked to submit their improvement plan when submitting for their swim21 accreditation or submitting for their annual swim21 revalidation or reaccreditation. The improvement plan is required to highlight the clubs key actions in priority order and be fully costed. This plan will be used by the North West grant panel to decide how much the club will be awarded. The panel can also put forward four clubs for the British Gas Club Grant for consideration at each national swim21 panel. This is decided by reviewing the clubs progress and plans for the future, so again the improvement plan and progress reports are key documents. For more information and an improvement plan template please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Workforce Development Funding Support Scheme - swim21
- Who can access it? Teachers and coaches in Cheshire.
- Which qualifications does it cover? Levels 1, 2 and 3 all disciplines.
- How much is it for? swim21 accredited clubs £400, clubs working towards swim21 £350.
- How do I apply? Visit the Swim Cheshire website here and complete the claims form.