Notice of Swim England Awards price change28 February 2020
From 1 April 2020, the price of our Swim England Learn to Swim, Complementary and Club Awards will be changing.
As always, we have kept the changes as minimal as possible to support you to continue to reward your learners. We also want to be clear about where your money goes.
As the recognised National Governing Body for swimming and a charitable organisation, we’re committed to reinvesting your money. Our goal is that all children and adults have the access and opportunities to learn how to swim, participate in our sports and have fun while enjoying the water safely.
What will change from 1 April 2020?
- A standard Award (certificate and cloth or pin badge) will increase to £2.06 plus VAT (a two percent increase).
- Certificate only Awards, such as the Adult Swimming Framework Awards, will change to £1.12 plus VAT (a 1.8 percent increase).
- No changes have been made to existing delivery charges.
Discontinuing and new products
- Pin badges and certificates associated with Personal Survival Awards 1 and 2, Preliminary Safety Skills and Water Rescue are to be discontinued, and in some cases have already been removed from sale. This is in readiness for the release of our new Swim England Water Safety Awards in the spring.
- The new Water Safety Award outcomes have been written in line with the most up-to-date national water safety guidance. The skills learned during the Swim England Learn to Swim Programme Water Safety Awards will help children reach an advanced level of knowledge and competency in this area, increasing their ability to manage different, unexpected and/or dangerous water-based situations. More information will be shared about these in due course.
How we invest in swimming
Every penny you spend on Swim England Awards is reinvested into:
- Ensuring the Swim England Learn to Swim Programme syllabus remains world-leading.
- Providing the swimming industry with high quality-research and insight, such as our recent Value of Swimming report.
- Developing new learn to swim resources, such as regular free webinars delivered by our Learn to Swim Team, Health Team and external experts/organisations, and the Swim England Toolkit – released in 2019.
- Providing support to you, with a dedicated team to answer your questions.
- Championing swimming and participation in all our sports – and the importance of learning to swim with campaigns such as #LoveSwimming and the Disney-Inspired Family Fun sessions.
- Investing in innovative teaching, coaching and professional development courses.
- Supporting primary school swimming and water safety, and supporting initiatives such as The Big School Swim, Swim Safe and School Swimathon.
- Working with you to keep pools relevant and sustainable.
- Supporting clubs and the next generation of athletes.
What’s new for the Swim England Learn to Swim Programme?
A dedicated Teaching Swimming hub on our website, where you can access everything you need to deliver the Swim England Learn to Swim Programme.
New resources to help you deliver the best swimming experiences, such as:
- The My Learn to Swim app. Fun and free to download – and celebrate children’s achievements at home. The app helps keep children motivated to progress and gain Awards, unlocking stickers and characters as they go.
- New Learn to Swim Framework Activity Pack, full of fun songs and games – following on from the Pre-School pack.
- Club Awards designed to motivate members, support training sessions and help generate extra income for your club.
- New Water Safety Awards (coming March 2020).
- New Level 2 Teaching Swimming Swim England Qualifications course textbook – updated in 2019 in line with our latest guidance.
- New national curriculum lesson plans for schools and lesson providers signed up to the School Swimming and Water Safety Charter.
- The development of an Inclusion Hub to support teachers, learners, schools and parents/carers.
- Our regional roadshows and the Swim England Teaching and Education Conference and Awards ceremony.
- Even more free marketing resources for you to download and use to support and promote your swimming programme, including a promotional video that you can share on your social media accounts or website.
- Our monthly e-newsletter, Pooling Resources, which provides relevant information and insights to help grow your programme. Sign up here.
- Greater visibility of individual and operator-led successes on our social channels.
- The School Swimming and Water Safety Charter and Syllabus Guidance Cards are available to support you in delivering swimming in schools.
- Free access to Swim England’s endorsed specialist photography partnership to help capture the magical moments of children learning to swim.
To ask a technical question about your swimming lessons programme, or school swimming, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.